10.11.2009

New Blog Design & Fall Vacations

New Blog Design- I'm so excited about my fall blog design. I've wanted a fall blog makeover for the longest time but I wasn't sure if it was possible to have a girly fall design. My friend Danielle at, The Design Girl, gave me an early birthday gift and re-designed my blog for fall. I LOVE it. I love the colors and my favorite part is the vintage brooches. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Danielle! Danielle is now designing digital scrapbook kits, which can be used for your blog design. Check out her store here.


Fall Vacations- My favorite time of year to travel for pleasure is the fall! Here are a few reasons why...

1. I love to visit cities that have a real fall with great weather & pretty scenery. Even though Texas has nice days in the fall (last night it was 58 degrees in SAT... amazing), we also have really nasty days.

2. Kids are in school. I won't say anything else about this one. ;)

3. My birthday is in the fall.

4. By saving most of my vacation time for the fall, I have something to look forward to and plan for all year.

In years past I've taken one big trip. For example, last year I went to China to volunteer at New Day Foster Home. Other years, I've taken a few mini trips. This year I've decided to do a few mini trips and I'm so excited.


At the end of October I'm visiting my sister, brother-in-law, and niece (Daisy the Maltese) in Omaha, NE. Jenn has planned for us to visit an apple orchard, pumpkin patch, and a winery. I can't wait!

Omaha, NE~ Saturday it snowed in Omaha. Check out my niece in her sweater, experiencing snow for the first time.


In November I'm going to Nashville, TN to visit my blog friend, Amy. Surprise Amy, I'm coming!


In December I’m heading to NYC with my sister and two of our best friends for our annual Girl’s Trip. Well, we don’t take the trip every year, but we try. I guess December is winter, not fall.

Our 2006 NYC Trip


In December Danielle is visiting me in San Antonio for a long weekend. I can't wait for her to see Texas. I've made a detailed itinerary for her visit~ just ask her about it. I've even scheduled time for Hobby Lobby. Danielle told me CA doesn't have a Hobby Lobby, Chick-fil-a, or a Sonic. Can you imagine? However, CA does have Trader Joe's, Pinkberry, and In-N-Out Burger. Danielle wants to try a Route 44 diet coke b/c every time she's talking to me, I'm ordering one... gotta love happy hour at Sonic!

19 comments:

Jules said...

I love the new blog design! Danielle always does such a nice job. I think it's perfect for fall.

You have lots of fun trips lined up. I think fall is such a nice time to travel too. I can't wait to read about all of your adventures :) The NYC trip looks like it was so much fun and Daisy is so cute in the snow pic!

We don't have Sonic or a Hobby Lobby either. I've been dying to visit both.

Shoshanah said...

There are definitely Chick-fil-as in California, mainly in malls, because I grew up eating there. Not so much with Sonic. But they do air Sonic commercials in California, which is a tiny bit evil a tiny bit genius marketing.

Lis said...

LOVING your new layout!! It's super cute!!

Yay for all of the fall fun-ness! I'm so excited for you and all of the trips! I wish we were going to be in NYC at the same time! I will def let you know what I do that is amazing so you can go too!

And sadly no Hobby Lobby here... but I do have Sonic so I guess I shouldn't complain!!

Amy Maze said...

:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the surprise!!!!!!! I'm super excited, can't you tell!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

I LOVE the new design! It looks great. You're so right, Fall is the BEST!

LWLH said...

love the new look

Drew said...

Love the new blog design!!! How do those digital kits work? Do you need certain programs to set it all up?

Angie said...

Love your new fall blog!! It's adorable, the colors are great. I LOVE the fall trips you have planned, they sound like fun!! NYC is going to be fun in December!! We are going to NYC in Dec to shop and see the Rocketts Christmas show. I can't wait!!

Amanda said...

Oooh, NYC in December will be so beautiful!

The L.A area does have Sonic and Chik-fil-a.. just no Hobby Lobby. :p

TanyaLea said...

Nice makeover...it suits you perfectly!! :) Danielle does great work!

What a fun fall you have lined up. And I love Hobby Lobby! Have fun on all of your mini trips and be sure to soak in some good ol' R&R, too!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Rachel H. said...

I want to go to NYC with friends...I know my husband will never go. He hates New York, but I would love to just go around the holidays with my mom and sister or friends. It's a thought! Love your new blog design!

katie lake said...

So funny my brother and I were talking about this last night. He has lived in San Fran for 9 (?) years now and I lived there with him for a year ( moved back last christmas ) They put a chick fil a in LA before last football season. All my San Fran friends kept asking me what it was when they saw the ads during SEC football games. There are Sonics too but they are a little more scarce, I think more in Northern California.

As for Hobby Lobby, I always had to go to Michael's which isn't nearly as fun :(

PS I'm loving your new header! Did you just get it or did I miss the boat?!

AmyT said...

love the new design...and I heart fall!!!!!!

Amy said...

I'm jealous - I want to go to NYC so bad! Love the new design - it's so you!

Sharon said...

Such a pretty blog Jill! Just like you. Love all you are up to and hope you are having a super time!!

Jennifer said...

Oh you've got some great trips planned! I'm jealous!

Alice said...

Think about renting a timeshare with your sisters. My two sisters and I, and one friend, shared the cost of a 2-bedroom timeshare (we got ours through http://www.redweek.com) in Stowe, VT, two weeks ago. We had a ball! We just immersed ourselves in the incredible autumn color that surrounded us, and had the time to do fun things like visit a pumpkin patch (it was kinda early, but we carved jack-o-lanterns in our kitchen and laughed our heads off!) and picked apples in an apple orchard (you can't believe what that smelled like - fresh apples and pungent autumn leaves and crisp air) and went to a local Fall festival. This has to be one of my all-time favorite fall vacations!

THE Stephanie said...

So Fun!!! My dream is to go up north (any where but SAT) in the Fall. LOL I'd just like to see some leaves change colors. :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

LOVING the new layout! Danielle is awesome!!

Your fall/winter is going to be AWESOME! I'll be so jealous of your travels! I'm going to Omaha Nov.10-12 for work. I've never been! I don't know anyone else in this part of my company either..eek! I don't think we are going to make it to NYC this year :( So sad. I LOVED going in December last year!