10.30.2009

Odds~n~Ends

Hi Y’all! I feel like I’ve been a bad blogger the last few days. I’m traveling on the East Coast this week and I'm overly busy. Today I worked for 12.5 hours. The only break I had was a quick trip to Radio Shack for CAT 5 cables. Boooo! I promise to catch up on your blogs soon!

Funny story- As I was boarding my Continental connection flight in Houston, I recognized the flight attendant and she recognized me. She said, “Hello Ms. San Antonio.” Nice! I travel way too much. :)

While visiting the East Coast, I stopped at a local grocery store to pick up some bottled water and diet coke for my hotel room. Also, I was hoping to find a nice salad, similar to the pre-made salads at Whole Foods. Unfortunately, this grocery store did not have pre-made salads that you’d want to purchase and actually eat! As I was heading to the beverage section, I passed something pink. Anything pink catches my eye. Check out what they were selling… Pickled Pink Eggs! GROSS and WHY?




Thank you to my friend, Jules at Chic and Pink for the Fall Surprise! Who doesn't love a surprise? It was so sweet and so thoughtful!

Ghouls Night Out~ I LOVE this and hung it within seconds of opening it.



Jules also sent a bunch of fall treats~ a candle, candy, kitchen soap, and a notepad! Sorry for the blurry photo.

Thank You, Jules!!!

13 comments:

Rachel H. said...

What a great little surprise! And yuck to pickled pigs feet!!

Abbi said...

omg...yuck!! i hate anything pickled..lol!!
such a cute little suprise!!
have a great halloween!!!

Ashley Lauren said...

I've never seen pickled eggs before! It would be kind of neat if you displayed them at Easter, I guess, lol. (Eww they probably smell, though!)

Cute sign!

Jill said...

Those pig's feet are just gross. But I love your prize!!!

AmyT said...

Those are gross....and I have to say..my husband loves them ugghhhh they stink are are NASTY!!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend/halloween!

Lexilooo said...

Yay East Coast! Enjoy it here : )

Sandra said...

Pink Pickled Pig's feet - yep, that's where I draw the line!! haha xoxo

midnight macaroons said...

I've been wondering where you've been. I literally logged on and was about to write you an e-mail when I saw you posted. 12.5 hrs!!! Girl, you're working hospital hours now. Those pink pickled eggs are sooo gross (blah).

Any plans for Halloween this year? We are planning on eating pizza in our pj's and devouring the chocolate we bought for trick-or-treaters, LOL!

Kate said...

What a cute sign. Jules is so thoughtful :)

Kassie said...

That sign is adorable!! Pickled pigs feet--not so much! Ugh, who comes up with these things?

Jules said...

I cannot believe that the flight attendant recognized you. That is definitely a sign! Do you know what’s funny, my family used to buy pickled eggs from the Amish when we went to our summer house in Lancaster. I thought they sounded gross and then I tried one and kind of liked it. They are a little strange though. I remember taking Geof to the Reading Terminal Market a long time ago and having him try one too. I don’t think I could eat them out of a jar though. Ew!

I am so glad that you liked your surprise :)

Deb said...

What a fun package to receive! I would have to say yuck to those eggs too!!

Room to Inspire said...

The ghouls night out sign is super cute! Adorable.

Chelsea