10.18.2009

Thank You & Birthday Update

First I want to thank everyone for the birthday love! Y’all are so sweet. Danielle was right; I wasn’t going to post about my birthday until it was over. I usually plan an out of town trip during my birthday (not work, fun). It’s easier that way and I have something to distract me from the fact that I’m turning a year older not where I thought I would be.

Carrie reminded me of my birthday last year. I was volunteering at New Day Foster Home. The amazing staff at NDFH ordered a cake and the cutest kids in the world sang Happy Birthday to me. Can you imagine, a group of third world country orphans singing Happy Birthday to you? It was such a special day and I was completely humbled (even though I know they were just really excited about eating cake). :) That night at Carrie and Jacob’s apartment, Jacob made Greek food, one of my favorites for dinner and we shared a bottle of wine. It was perfect! Ahh… now I miss Carrie and the kids and China.



This year I didn’t plan a trip on my actual birthday. Now that I live close to my family, I wanted to stay in town and attend a Christmas Open House at my friend’s store. The weekend started with dinner on Friday night at a delicious Cajun restaurant with the family. Saturday evening my mom and I attended the Christmas Open House at Bless Your Heart Giftique. If you live in SAT or if you’re visiting, you have to stop by BYH. When I’m there, I’m 110% happy.

The fabulous owners of Bless Your Heart Giftique, Katy and Rachel, are SOOOO creative and SOOOO girly. I love them!


They created this PINK pumpkin patch for Halloween on the front lawn of Bless Your Heart. It makes me smile. I love the blonde scarecrow. Notice our scarecrow friend is wearing pink and pearls. I would have never thought of this! They're SO creative.





The invitation for the Christmas Open House said, "Christmas has gone Girly! Yay!" That's all you had to say... I was there!


The "Royal Affair" included an appearance by the Queen of Christmas.

Here she is... The Queen of Christmas posing with my mom and me. She's fun!



I picked up a few pink Christmas ornaments. I love this Pink Santa.

Sunglasses Ornament and a Pink Crown Ornament

I had to buy Pearls!


After the BYH Christmas party, my mom and I made Halloween cut-out cookies and decorated the cookies. I made these cookies at Christmas and posted the recipe here. They’re so yummy.



I had a couple surprises at my doorstep this weekend. Thank you Amy C. (my HOU friend) for the surprise. She gave me a fall candle, picture frame, and girly napkins. I love it! Notice the fall candle is already burning... yum.




Thank you Kate! Kate sent me the Lilly P. Guide to Entertaining. It's such a pretty book. I've already started reading through it! Love it!



It was a great birthday, even though I'm a year older and not where I thought I would be. HA! Again, thank you for all the sweet comments! Y'all are the best.

BTW... I just checked Sweet Simplicity's Blog. She wrote about a FREE Stationery Giveway hosted on Facebook...

"FB exclusive: FREE PERSONALIZED NOTECARD! Send us an email to VIP@traylorpapers.com with your name & address and we'll send you a free customized card with your name. Tell us your favorite colors and/or style (i.e., whimsical, classic, girly, etc.) and we'll try to make you a match ;) BONUS: post this offer on your blog or wall, send us a link and we'll send you a few extra! Good thru 10/28/09!"

Check it out!

26 comments:

Deb said...

Belated Happy Birthday Jill!! Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!!

Suburban Princess said...

It looks like you had a fabulous birthday!

Jules said...

Happy Birthday (again), sweet friend! It sounds like last year was very special and touching. The photo collage says it all.

The pink pumpkins and girly scarecrow are the cutest things ever! Now I want to paint my pumpkins pink ;) I wish we had a shop like that here. It looks like a blast! The pink Santa ornament is so cute and I love the pearl necklace. The pic of you and your mom with The Queen of Christmas is adorable. I also love your sweater.

The gifts that were sent to you are so nice and thoughtful. I hope that all of your birthday wishes come true :)

Amy C said...

Ah....the infamous cookies!! They are soooo good!!! I love the candy corn cookie!

I hope you like the frame...if not you know where to exchange it :-) I just thought it would go with your new decor!

Glad you like my new blog design...I found it on a free blog templates website. I still might do a custom design one day.

LWLH said...

I love all things Christmas so I would love that store...and cute cookies! :)

Katie said...

Hope you had a great birthday!

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like a great year and great birthday! Those cookies look SO good!! :)

Beth Dunn said...

Your birthday sounds so fun and you got fun treats! Live for that pink pumpkin patch! xoxo

SC

AmyT said...

love that store!!! it looks so cute. glad you had a good birthday!!!!!

Jill said...

I wish I lived closer so I could check out the store! Glad your Bday was great!

midnight macaroons said...

Oh Wow! Your day looks like so much fun. And that yummy Cajun restaurant sounds delish. You'll have to let us know the name of it. We will probably be in San Antonio in December. Maybe we can meet up there.

Love the pink pumpkins. Too cute! And I like your pearls, sunglasses, and ornament. You and your mom look so cute in your photo. Glad to hear that you had a fantastic Birthday.

Amy said...

Oh my, I am so sorry I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday on the actual day! (I don't get on the internet on the weekends) Looks like you had a great one. That was so sweet of Danielle - what a great friend!

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled across your blog and loved it! (Almost as much as I love birthdays, happy belated birthday to you = ) New follower and just wanted to say hi.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Fun pictures! Happy belated Birthday! :)

Lexilooo said...

Glad it was a happy day! I'm excited for Christmas to come, I love the entire season. It was snowing in NH yesterday, my parents told me, and of course, I was immediately jealous!

Abbi said...

happy belated bday!! sounds like you had an awesome one!!!
the pink pumpkins are my fave!! how awesome is that!! love it!
the christmas store looks neat! and a pink santa....that ranks right up there with the pumpkin!!!

hope you have a great week!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Happy birthday!

And YUM, I am burning that fall candle right now. It's going perfectly with this uncharacteristic fall weather Houston is having.

Shoshanah said...

Those pink pumpkins are such a fun idea!

TanyaLea said...

Glad you had a fun birthday and the photos are GREAT!! I also loved seeing pics of your time in China last year... so neat, and close to my heart, of course!! :)

Erin said...

Happy belated birthday!!

Woman Interrupted said...

So glad it was a great birthday!

I'm so looking forward to the holidays! Your friends store looks really precious! Have to check it out next time I'm in town.

Lisa Traylor said...

Thanks for mentioning our personalized notecard giveaway in your post, Jill! Your fun new notecards are in the mail...hope you like them and belated happy birthday :) Lisa www.traylorpapers.com

In This Wonderful Life said...

I'm such a bad friend! I didn't even wish you happy birthday on your birthday!!! I hope it was wonderful!! I'm loving all the pictures! Cute pink pumpkins..and those cookies! YUM. Looks like you had a great time and got lots of fun things. I NEED those pearls. SOOOOOOOO cute! I want to go to some Christmas open houses!!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Jill!! Those pink pumpkins are to die for. Such a cute post, I love the pink!!

melissa said...

Hi Jill - happy belated birthday!! So sorry I missed it.
Love that pink pumpkin patch - looks like you have a fabulous bday!

xo

Janet said...

I enjoyed the birthday outing. I'm just glad you live here so we can do these things more often. Pink pumpkins are unusual aren't they?
Love, Mom