1.14.2009

Cute Project Idea





I just mailed a Valentine’s Day package to Gracie and Olivia at the Foster Home in China. My sister and mom always want to buy things for the care packages, so sweet. Jenn made the cutest coloring book for Olivia. Gracie is a baby and can’t color yet but when she can… watch out. I thought I would share Jenn’s really cute personalized coloring book idea and the directions. It’s a great idea for your little one for Valentine’s Day or for a rainy day. If you decide to make one, let me know how it turns out.

You’ll need~
2 double-sided sheets of scrapbook paper or 4 single-sided sheets of scrapbook paper (Jenn purchased the Hello Kitty paper from Michael's)
Decorative edge crafting scissors
Rubber Cement or glue stick
Stickers for decorating the cover
Hole punch
Ribbon
The Internet and typing paper

For the covers~ Decorate the first sheet of scrapbook paper any way you’d like. If you purchased single-sided paper glue the two sheets together to create an inside and outside. Jenn used scrapbook stickers for Olivia’s name and scrapbook paper for the hearts on the inside cover. You can also decorate the back cover.

For the inside~ Jenn went to this website to print her HK coloring book pages. You can also try this website, which offers many different themes. Jenn printed the coloring book pages half of a letter size page. Once they were printed, she cut the edges with decorative crafting scissors.

Final Product~ Stack your front cover, inside pages, and back cover together. Punch two holes at the top of the pages and add a ribbon to keep everything together.


The artist...

In NYC with Magnolia Bakery Cupcakes

Resting in Central Park

15 comments:

Abbi said...

ok, great idea and cute!!! very good!
cute pics!

Sandra said...

What a darling idea! Cute gift idea for goody bags :-)

AmyT said...

I love it...very cute

AndreaLeigh said...

such a cute idea! love the hello kitty theme.

Danielle Moss said...

What a cute idea! Love it.

Sarah said...

How adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Cute idea!

Sassy Engineer said...

What a great idea! I'll have to remember it :)

Kate said...

What a fun idea. I may do this with the little girls I babysit for. Thanks Jill :)

all i need is love... said...

Goodness, I'm soooo making this for my little ladies! This is too cute!

penny lane said...

that is a fabulous idea! even my friends (who are 22) would love it. who doesn't love coloring books??

midnight macaroons said...

Ewww...I think Gretchen is gross. She is so shallow. She plays the martyr card very well. She doesn't care about her husband or else she wouldn't be at the lake when he's in ICU. I think it's gross too. It's hard to stomach when she talks about them on the show. It reminds me of the Anna Nicole thing with the crypt keeper.

She's what my hubby would call a gold diggin "HO BAG." Two snaps and a chicken neck.

melissa said...

Darling little kitty book and such a fun idea :)

Melissa

Lori said...

Hey Jill! The coloring book is so cute! And your croutons look sooo yummy!

Faith said...

I'm in love with these idea, Great!:)
I could even try and make one, have been on a wonderful site which have bunch of nice coloring pages,it is thecolor.com.