1.15.2009

Pottery, The Real Housewives of OC, and Croutons

Pottery~ Today I picked up our finished pottery pieces from Saturday night. Check out how cute everything turned out.




Jana's Coaster Set


Lindsay's "Bobby Jindal 2012" Chip and Dip


Stephanie's Texas Longhorns Chip and Dip


My GOP Chip and Dip



.
The Real Housewives of Orange County~ Tuesday nights episode was SO good; my favorite episode so far. I watched the dinner party scene 3 times. I know the women don’t always behave but that’s what make good television. If they were perfect and sweet, it would be boring. If you watched it, what did you think of Gretchen?

My two favorite lines from Tuesday are from my two favorite housewives, Tamara and Vicki (pictured below in the middle).

“At the dinner table I gave a little warning to Gretchen about Ryan because he’s a man whore.” ~Tamara (Ryan is her son)

“I think the most obvious pot head is Lynn. Lynn just seems way too carefree to not be high all the time.” ~ Vicki

I laughed SO hard!


Croutons~ Today I worked from home (and took a shower). I decided to make a salad for lunch. I was trying to eat really light because I might have dinner tonight at Smith and Wollensky. I LOVE S&W. My salad was boring… veggies, fat free feta cheese, and spray dressing. I decided to make some homemade croutons to spruce up my salad. I really like this idea because I can use whole grain bread and spray butter instead of oil. Well, for some reason I thought I knew how to make croutons. I turned the oven on to broil and popped my chucks of bread in the oven. Next thing I knew, the smoke alarm is going off. Oppps! I decided I should Google the recipe. My next batch was much better. Y’all probably know this but when making croutons you’re supposed to set the oven at a low temperature… 225-250 degrees.


23 comments:

Well I Do Declare said...

Such cute pottery! And I am jealous about your dinner tonight :)

Liana said...

i agree tuesday night was SOO good! i watched the re-runs right before bc i missed the last weeks so it was a great night!! i particularly love your GOP dip bowl :)

Sassy Engineer said...

I love the GOP and Jindal chip and dip dishes - can I please have one :) Also, I think those croutons look very tasty!

Jules said...

I love how the pottery turned out. I agree that Tuesday's episode was the best yet. Gretchen was a mess!

AndreaLeigh said...

love your chip and dip platter! too cute!

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

Tues episode was so good!! Tamara is wicked mean....not a good friend! It's killing me that they ended "to be continued". I think Ryan is disgusting!!!!!!!

Petunia said...

Your chip and dip is sooo cute! Thank goodness you took a shower! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that pink republican chip and dip - you could sell those! I would for sure buy one :)

penny lane said...

i LOVE your chip and dip set jill. so cute!
i also love the real housewives of oc....and i love tamara. she is just too funny. i haven't seen that episode but i will make sure to. it sounds hilarious.

hope all is well!!

Anonymous said...

I think your chip and dip ended up being my favorite - I love the pink!

Normally I really like Tamara, but I thought she was absolutely AWFUL on Tuesday. You don't set out to get someone so drunk they do something stupid. You just don't. I think Gretchen was pretty dumb for getting drunk with people she knew she shouldn't trust, and she needs to bear responsibility for that. By the end of the night I did feel a little bad for her though. And for Jeff's kids having to watch that!

Oh well, you're right - it was GREAT television!!! I can't wait for next week.

Sweet Simplicity said...

The pottery turned out great! I love your take on the GOP colors!

Anonymous said...

The pottery is super cute!

penny lane said...

happy friday! i left you something on my blog....hope it makes the rest of your day great!

Lulu said...

I love your bowl that you made! And, can I just tell you how happy I am to find someone who also loves Vicki and Tamra (sp?)?! I LOVE them. They can be little witches, but they are hilarious! So many people are loving Gretchen, and I just don't get it! She's a gold digger big time!

Mrs. Classic said...

Your blog is so cute!! I want to drag my husband there and paint some pottery.

Danielle Moss said...

I had no idea that you could even make croutons :)

The pottery is so cute! I love those chip and dip bowls. Yours is SO you.

Thanks for helping with the post tonight. Hopefully we aren't the only ones that will think it's funny!

Sleep well. Talk tomorrow.

xoxo

midnight macaroons said...

Whoo Hoo!!! I love it!!! We voted for Jindal back in Louisiana. I couldn't believe Blanco got in (glad he's in office now). Hubby works with
Texas/Louisiana/Mississippi legislation for healthcare laws. We are huge pro Jindal supporters. Try being a Republican living in Austin. I've seen enough ugly bumper stickers to fill my entire life time. Dirty Hippies! We refer to Austin as, "earth muffin." Pros and cons no matter where you live. Hook'em Horns!!!

penny lane said...

thanks! i will! also i made a slight change to my 10 honest things.....go check it out.

melissa said...

Such cute pottery projects. I like your the best since it is pink! ;).

In This Wonderful Life said...

I'm obsessed with the housewives!! Poor Gretchen..maybe..she is quite confused..maybe a good actress...I can't wait to see! Love your blog! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on the blog!

and would you be willing to sell the pink polka dot chip and dip plate?? :) pretty please :)

and yes, Jindal would be great. As would Mitt..I had the pleasure of meeting him twice, unreal!

Anonymous said...

I love Real Housewives! My favs are Vicki and Jeana

~Ann

Anonymous said...

Cute headbands!