1.23.2009

Happy Weekend

I had a couple of questions on the headband post about where I buy headbands, especially headbands that don’t hurt. I keep it cheap! The most I’ve ever spent on a headband is $20. I have purchased most of my headbands at Forever 21. I also found a couple at Claire’s, which really surprised me. I don't usually shop at Claire's. Etsy is a good place to shop for headbands too. I recommend trying them on before you purchase them. If it’s slightly tight, it will hurt! Although I do try on headbands before I purchase, I’ve a few that hurt BAD.


I LOVE this headband. It's metal and HURTS so bad. I've endured the pain and worn it twice because it's cute.




These are really great options. They're soft and don't hurt
I don't' remember where I purchased the blue headband. The gray one is from Forever 21.



I also wear scarves as headbands. However, depending on the fabric of the scarf I sometimes have to use bobby pins to keep it on.



I hope y'all have a great weekend. My sister and niece are coming to visit this weekend. I'm so excited. Happy Weekend!


Siblings~ Jenn, Jarrett, and Me. Can you guess our birth order?


My Niece, Daisy

16 comments:

Treasure Ann said...

Your niece is soooooooo cute. She is just a peach. :) I've purchased a headband from Claire's and it broke, and it was one of my favorite. Claire is one of my favorite places to shop. You find great accessories there. Have a good time with your sister and niece this weekend.

Jess said...

That first headband IS super-cute—no wonder you wear it despite the pain!! I wish I could pull off headbands... That of course would require me dressing like a human occasionally, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit to that ;)

Danielle did a great job on your blog; I especially love the header! It's too bad I missed you guys when you were here last... maybe next time though. You have to meet Logan!!

Anyway! Happy Weekend to you too :)

Whitney said...

I LOVE headbands! Yours are so cute!

Thanks for the kind words in regards to my grandma.

I never told you, but I love your Jindal chip dip. So fabulous!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Thanks so much for the headband tips! I love them, and I do usually put up with the pain. Thanks for recommending Claire's and Forever!

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jules said...

Daisy is sooo cute. Look at the ribbons in her hair! I hope you have a great weekend.
Thanks for the headband tips. I love the pic of you with the scarf that you made into a headband. That is very pretty.

jlc said...

Omgggg that last pic stole my heart. Too bad my pooch is male. :( haha. My husband would kill me if he saw bows on our son. Oh wellz....



Anyways, I honestly wear headbands practically every day to work. Hmmm I always go for the skinny ones though. There were some cute ones with flowers at Urban Outfitters the other day. Those are super cute AND cheap. :)

Anonymous said...

I *love* headbands! You have some really beautiful ones.

Anonymous said...

On a totally unrelated note, have you heard of Compassion International? I know that you support service work abroad (which is what initially drew me to your blog) and right now this organization is looking for bloggers to go to India to do service work and blog about their experiences. In the past, they've sent bloggers to countries in Africa and South America. I thought of you when I heard about it so I figured I'd pass along the info:

http://compassionbloggers.com/take-a-trip

midnight macaroons said...

Daisy is too cute. I love her bows. Cute, cute, cute!!! I wear scarves in my hair for headbands too. I love headbands. They have really helped as I'm growing my hair out. I sometimes can find cute headbands at Marshalls for under $20. It's a hit and miss.

kate said...

Check out www.andreasbeau.com for gorgeous, comfortable and very affordable headbands. I am a headband fanatic, and I'll vouch for Andrea's Beau!

Global Girl said...

I got the cutest headbands in China; so many great accessory stores!

Amy said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting like I should, but I am still reading and loving all your entries. And the picture of the siblings is so great (I would definately frame that one). And I know the birth order, but I must say you look the youngest!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

what adorable pix! Try www.calistacove.com for headbands, they are the most comfy headbands ever xo

Woman Interrupted said...

You are too cute with all your girly headbands!! Love the rhinestones...its worth a pinch for a special occasion!

Kate said...

You are the headband queen! Scarves never stay in my hair. I'll try the bobby pin trick