1.03.2009

I’m still having problems connecting to the internet via my Sprint broadband card at home. This afternoon I went to a Starbucks about 8 miles from my house and the Sprint card worked. Frustrating! Am I the only person who doesn’t like Starbucks? The only Starbucks drink I can handle is the Passion Fruit Unsweetened Iced Tea. I don’t get it?? Anyway…

I’m heading to Los Angeles this week for work. I decided to fly in a day early to visit Kate and Danielle. I’m sure they have some fabulous things planned for us! I’ll keep y’all posted. As I was packing today, I started thinking about a legendary story, “Kristine and the Chi Iron.”

In 2005, Jenn (sister), Kristine (friend), and I met in San Diego for a Girl’s Weekend. It was great fun… the zoo, the beach, a winery, Sea World, shopping, eating, laughing, etc… However, the trip didn’t start off a positive note for Kristine. When we checked into our hotel, Kristine noticed her suitcase had been “searched” by TSA. Everything she had neatly packed was messy and her new makeup was cracked and destroyed~ devastating for a girl. As we were getting ready for dinner, my sis asked Kristine if she could borrow her Chi Iron. Kristine went to get it from her messy suitcase and realized it was GONE. Okay~ y’all know how much a Chi Iron costs, right?



I'm always the shortest. This photo was taken before I got a digital camera. I really think I was the last American to purchase one.


Kristine was so upset. I called Americ*n Airl*nes for her and talked with them for 2 hours. Finally, they agreed to reimburse Kristine for the cost of the Chi Iron. For the last 3 years, my sis and I have been telling this story to the world. Jenn travels for work as much as I do and we both carry our Chi Irons in our laptop bags. It’s kind of a pain but there’s no way we are going to check a Chi!



Well, Kristine visited Jenn a couple of months ago and gave her a Chi update. When Kristine arrived home from our San Diego trip she submitted her receipt to Americ*n Airl*nes. They paid her back and she was happy, happy! About one year later, Kristine was taking a trip. As she was packing her suitcase she found the stolen Chi in the side pocket of her suitcase!!! TSA had moved it during their messy search. Jenn and I laughed so hard. I still feel a little weird about checking my Chi but I’m working on it.

17 comments:

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

I am not a fan of Starbucks......Love, love, love Dunkin Donuts Coffee!!!!!!!! I do not know how Starbucks stays alive!!

Amanda said...

Cool! Are you coming to a dinner during the week to see Kate? Or just seeing her and Danielle on the weekend? I hope you come when I meet Kate mid-week sometime, I'd love to meet you. :)

That Pink Girl said...

That's a great story! I'm no fan of Sbux either; just not a hot drink drinker. If they only had really good fountain Cokes, well then I'd have something to go for!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

OMG that is soo funny.. bad bad girls.. :) By the way I HATE starbucks. I LOOOVE dunkin donuts. I think starbux tastes burned.. xo

AndreaLeigh said...

I don't blame you. I have a T3 flat iron and that sucker was expensive, so I wouldn't want to lose it.

We've missed you in the blogging world!

University of Iowa Meg said...

Have fun on your trip :) I agree about Starbucks...but I have colitis...so I can hardly have anything crazy to drink other than water!?!

Wearing Mascara said...

OMG! That cracks me up and I know how important a Chi is. Get this: when I got back from Ohio recently, I got a phone call from my sister. She was like,

"Are you sitting down?"

me: "Uh, yes"

sis: "You left your Chi straightener in the bathroom."

me: "NOO! But, but! It's New years eve!!!! NOOO!"

Turns out, I lived. My pony tail was extra poofy on NYE and I was forced to be creative. :-)

Have a GREAT time in LA! I am super jealous!

xoxo,

Julie

Danielle Moss said...

Well...now she has two?!

I HATE Starbucks. Did I take you to Coffee bean last time you were here? We need to go there.

It's 2:21. I am leaving the house to pick you up in less than 8 hours. I should probably go to sleep!!

See you in a few! So excited!

Abbi said...

thank you sooo much for the comment! starbucks is way to strong for me....i invey the people that can drink it!
as for the chi, that's my best friend!!!

Monogramchick said...

I'm with you...I love the Passion Fruit Iced Tea but I have them add Splenda (gotta have it sweet) but not much else at St*rbucks.
I'm jealous that you get to hang out with Danielle, she is great and I'd love to meet you both in real life! Take some major photos with your *digital* camera! :)

Safe Travels....

all i need is love... said...

Thank you for your kind words and your prayers. I'm trying to stay positive!

Anonymous said...

To this day I still only pack my Chi in my carry on bag when I fly because of that story. It's pretty funny they had just moved it though.

You should try the valencia syrup in the passion iced tea. It's the orange flavored syrup - it gives the tea a little flavor.

Anyway, hope you have fun this week!

Heather said...

What a funny story!

Sassy Engineer said...

Haha - I love that story! I have wanted a chi, but I have not yet made the commitment to invest in one. I really do like my curly hair, but I like to straighten it every once in a while and I can't justify the price for every once in a while. However, the flat iron I have doesn't do a good job!

Sweet Simplicity said...

This story is hilarious! Have fun on your trip!

Unknown said...

Hi! I came across your blog from Danielle's! The story about the Chi iron is hilarious... I would die if I lost mine. I hope you're having a great time in LA! :)

Well I Do Declare said...

HAHA! Love that story :) It is a shame that you can no longer pack anything of value in checked luggage. Heck, it is a shame that you have to pay to check your bags anymore...