10.14.2008

I just finished my second day at the Foster Home (FH). In two days, I have completely fallen in love with these kids. They are SO sweet. The FH staff is very organized. They gave me a schedule, which is nice because I get to experience many different things. In the morning I hold the babies and feed them. The kids at the FH have an American name and Chinese name.



Gracie~ she just arrived. Gracie has a heart condition. She's so tiny and super sweet. She loves to be held, she laughs, and smiles.



After lunch I play with the older kids on the playground. The three girls in the photo above are so girly. I brought a glitter compact with a fluffy pink brush. In the photo they are primping before "English Class".



This is "English Class." I LOVE it. The teachers (volunteers and interns) sit with a child one-on-one and talk to them in English, help them count, name the colors, and say the ABC's.



This is Olivia. I would love to take her home. :) The first day I participated in English Class, she ask her nanny (in Chinese) if I could be her English teacher for the day. My heart melted. Olivia has a very serious heart condition; she has pacemaker and she's only 4 years old.

Olivia


Taking a walk through the village. We saw some interesting things... cows and chickens just hanging out on the roads. It smell was pretty bad. I held my breath for most of the walk. The kids are so cute!



I love this picture. The maintenance guy was working on an outlet behind the sofa. The kids cheered him on!



I'm very excited about my schedule for the rest of the week. Thursday we are taking a field trip to an indoor playground in Beijing. We are also taking the kids to a restaurant for lunch. It's a real treat for them to get out. Friday we are having a dress-up party at the FH.
P.S. Sorry for any errors in this blog post. I still have jetlag! It's 9:30 PM in China and I'm off to bed.


13 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Jill,

I am so glad you are safe and in China. Oh my arms ache to hug each of those precious children, so I am so glad you are there doing it for those who can't! I love that I am able to follow your trip. Have a wonderful time and soak up each and every moment~

Blessings and a big hug to you!

Whirlwind Sandy said...

Hey Jill,

Thank you for sharing your blog and the pictures. I am so happy that you get to experience this joy of giving. There is nothing like it. Give all you have and leave it all there.

Thank you for being there.
Love,
Sandy

Danielle Moss said...

I am so glad you posted! These photos are beautiful.

That little Gracie is so sweet. Love the little girls with the pink fluffy brush, too, and the kids standing on the sofa...I love them all.

You really are the perfect person for them to do girly things with. Did you paint their nails yet?

I cannot wait to hear all the details of the trip once you get back. You are so amazing Jill. Look at the smiles you brought to those girls' faces.


Love,

D

Heather said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful trip. I know you are really enjoying it! You are such a blessing to those dear children. And you look so pretty in the pictures too. :) Hey, I just gave you an award over at grace303.blogspot.com

Amy Maze said...

I'm so glad you are able to post and let us know how you are doing in China. The children are precious of course! I want them all! Give them hugs for me!

Anonymous said...

Sweet friend,
You're making me crazy here as I see these pictures and long to be with you. I LOVE that you are there and pray for you to be safe, healthy & blessed each day! How is Carrie? I read about her being sick, so tell her we are praying for her as well. Can't wait to see you.
Love,
Jenny (and Mei Mei too!)

Kate said...

What great photos. The kids look so sweet!

Amy C said...

Awe Jill...I know you are in heaven right now and so are those babies!!! I'm so glad you were able to post some pictures!! Have a blast...can't wait to see you!

Janet said...

I LOVE the pictures. They capture the feelings so well. It's as though you can hear all of those little voices. You look very good. I know you are a blessing to the nannies and the children and to you as well. Our prayers are with you and Carrie and Jacob.
Love, Mom

Petunia said...

The children are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

I think one of those little girls was drawing a 'Hello Kitty' in one of your pics Jill...she's after your own heart!'

3 Peanuts said...

It is so wonderful to see the good that you are doing there.

Kim

Lori said...

It's so fun to see the photos of your day, you look like a 'natural' holding those sweet children!
I love, love, love the photo of them leaning over the couch...and can just imagine the chattering going on as they watch, so, so sweet!!