10.12.2008

I made it to China! I left my house at 4:45 AM on Saturday morning. Have I mentioned that I'm not a morning person? My flight from Newark to Beijing was 13 hours, which was a nice surprise. The C*ntinental rep told me it was an 18 hour flight when I booked the trip.

Last week was a long week at work. I was so busy; I didn't have a lot of time to think about leaving for China. I arrived home late on Friday night. Thankfully, I was already packed. It hit me when I was at the airport and the C*ntinental Rep said, "Two bags to Beijing." I almost cried. Needless to say, I completely enjoyed my flight to Beijing. It was so nice to sleep and not read work emails. :)

It's 6:45 AM in China, which would be 7:30 PM Texas time. Today I'm heading to the Foster Home! I'm so excited!



10 comments:

Kate said...

So glad you made it! Have an AMAZING time and take TONS of photos!

Blogs by Danielle said...

I'm so glad you made it there safely! I've been waiting for a post or email.

Thanks for the text the morning of your flight. By the time I got it, you were in the air so I didn't text back. I can't wait to hear all about the trip once you get back.

It will be strange not talking to you for so long.

Love,

D

Laurie said...

So glad you arrived safely! Have a wonderful time- can't wait to hear all the details!

Unknown said...

good job jill. be safe!

Heather said...

Have a great trip! I am praying for you!

The Golden Years said...

Glad you made it! Now, have an amazing time with the little ones!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good flight over. I can't wait to read your posts over the course of your trip! God bless!

Deb said...

I am so happy to hear that you made it to China safely Jill! Hope you have a wonderful experience at the Foster Home.....can't wait to read more about it!

Monogramchick said...

so glad you made it safely! can't wait to hear about the trip and all the great work you'll be doing!

Janet said...

I'm so thankful for your safe trip to China. I just regret that we didn't have more time to talk before you left. We are praying for daily. You are in God's care.
Love, Mom