10.17.2008

Yesterday was SO fun. We had a huge dress-up party for the kids with costumes, play shoes, and face painting.

Do y'all remember when you were single and pictured having children someday? I do this often. I imagine having dress-up parties and tea parties with my kids~ in my vision they are calm and quiet and everything is nice, neat, and tidy. When I ask them to pose for photos, they give me their best. Well, this was not that kind of dress-up party. It was wild but SO much fun. I love how creative the kids were with their costumes.





Yesterday was my birthday (or today in the States). My mom left Carrie a comment on her blog letting her know about my birthday. I probably wouldn't have said anything and my mom knows that. :) Yesterday afternoon the Foster Home staff and kids had a little surprise party for me. I was REALLY surprised, unlike the last surprise party someone tried to give me (sorry, Amy). They had a fancy cake with a really cool Chinese birthday candle and the kids sang "Happy Birthday." Just being here is the best gift ever but this really topped it off.



Last night we decided to stay in. I was exhausted and Carrie is still a little sick. Jacob made a great dinner and we got a chance to really visit. I love talking to Carrie. She knows so much about China, orphans, and adoption. We didn't talk about China all night. We also confessed who we had a celebrity crush on and many other random topics. It was funny! This afternoon I'm going shopping in Beijing~Pearl Market here I come! Since Carrie can't go (boo), I'm going with the intern at the Foster Home, Lauren. She is amazing! Lauren just finished high school and wanted to volunteer in a Chinese foster home or orphanage for a year before starting college. I was not mature enough to do that when I finished high school. Lauren is pictured above with the blue and green stripe shirt.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! Thank you Danielle for writing a nice post about my birthday! Can't wait to catch up on all your blogs.

12 comments:

Petunia said...

Happy Birthday!
Lauren is an exceptional teenager!!

Janet said...

The cake is beautiful! You made a very nice picture with your cake and the kids. The kids look like they really enjoyed having birthday cake. We miss having you here, but know that China is a wonderful birthday for you.
Love, Mom

Danielle Moss said...

You are going to be the most amazing mom. The kids look SO happy!

I'm really glad you were able to celebrate your birthday in China. I seriously cannot wait to talk to you and hear all about your trip.

Also very happy that you were able to read the birthday post.

Oh, and about Lauren -- what a wonderful girl.

Love,

D

Heather said...

Jill, First of all Happy Birthday! I admire you for giving of yourself to those little ones who so desperately need an adult to show them love & kindness. We adopted our little girl from China in Jan. 2005. One of these days I hope to give back to the country which has given us so much happiness through our daughter. Thanks for your unselfishness. You are making a difference! Can't wait to read more!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday!!! And here you are giving the gift! It is so great to hear from you from China! The party looks amazing, what joy you are giving to them. The beautiful liitle people!!

K and/or K said...

I love the tu-tu hat and the goggles!

Kate said...

That little lion photo is beyond cute!

Kay Bratt said...

Loving the pictures....

K

Deb said...

You are going to be the best mom Jill! Each of the kids looks adorable.....and they are just precious!

Lori said...

Oh how fun!! I especially love the purple tutu and butterfly wings with the goggles! lol

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Jill!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a fun day. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!