10.16.2008

Yesterday we took the kids to Beijing to play at an indoor playground. We were each matched with a child to look after for the day; I had Olivia. On the way to Beijing she became very upset. She has spent some time in the hospital and I wondered if she was scared we were taking her back. When we arrived at the playground most of the kids in our group cried a little. Poor kids... a local school had brought all their students to the playground; there were tons of kids running around and it was really loud.




We started playing in the baby section. It wasn't crowded at all and the kids really enjoyed it. As we were playing, some of the school children were standing at the gate yelling something to us. I ask what they were saying and someone told me they were yelling, "Foreigner" to me. Ha Ha. I'm just glad they weren't saying anything to the kids in our group.


After the school kids left and it was less crowded, the kids got to slide down big colorful slides into a huge pool of balls. They loved it!






Next we headed to Asia Star for lunch. The staff at Asia Star had the table set so cute. Every other place setting was a colorful plastic plate, rice bowl, and utensils for the kids. I had thought the best part of the day for the kids would be the big slides until we had lunch. Oh my, they really put it away. I'm very certain that the kids ate more than the adults. It was so funny; they loved the food and wanted to try everything the staff brought to the table!




This is the HUGE mess we made!


This photo was taken as we were leaving Asia Star. I love her happy face~big change from the trip to Beijing.






Everyone crashed on the car ride home.



Once we got back to the Foster Home, the kids finished the day on the playground. It was a really fun day.








14 comments:

Laurie said...

What a great day! You are making such a difference. My favorite picture was the one where the kids are asleep- just precious! I'm loving your updates, Jill- keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill! Glad to hear ya'll are all having a good time. Ya'll must have worn them out...those were some sleepy looking kids! Love you

Football and Fried Rice said...

Such precious pictures of a wonderful day!! I love field trips :)

Danielle Moss said...

I love these photos.

I can't believe they called you a foreigner. I guess the blond hair may have given you away, huh?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I have a birthday post going up for you in a few hours (on your official birthday here) and just left you a long birthday message.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jill!!! I'm glad your trip is going so well - and I hope you have a great day!!

Love,

Jana

Amy said...

Hope you have a great birthday in China! I know that just being there is a wonderful gift and blessing for you.

Mare said...

Hi Jill~

I understand today is your birthday(a little bird, let's call her Danielle, told me)

Happy Birthday!!!

Love your blog.

Jules said...

Wow Jill. I just finished reading all of your China posts. How touching and beautiful that you are there and helping these sweet little hearts.

Gracie's eyes make my heart melt.

K and/or K said...

Happy Birthday from me, a total stranger. I don't know how I found your blog but I love it--these pictures are amazing! We are waiting for a daughter from China so I am gushing over these cute little ones! Have a great remainder of your trip--what a big heart you have!---kelly

Janet said...

What a fun day! The kids are so cute. I know you had a swell time with.them. Yippee Olivia! Her smile on the return trip tells what a success the day was. Just know that you are a very big part of that.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Love, Mom

Amy C said...

Happy Birthday Jill!!!! I am going to make cupcakes tonight in honor of you :-) Can't wait for more posts and pictures!!!

3 Peanuts said...

I love the photo of you an Olivia after the restaurant. So cute.

One of the little girls (in the orange stripe) reminds me of Dawn's daughter, Lucy.

Kim

Deb said...

What a week Jill! I am sure that you have been blessed beyond measure during this time. I am sure it will be hard to leave when the time comes! All of the children are just precious!

Lori said...

These girls must just love you!! What an incredible impact you're making!