10.23.2008

On Tuesday night Carrie surprised us with a trip to a local spa. It was an amazing experience and it was only $23.80! I love China. The main focus of the spa is relaxing pools. There was a green tea pool, an aromatherapy pool, a milk and roses pool, and many others. After we were soaking in the green tea pool Carrie noticed a sign that listed the benefits of soaking in green tea, one of which was whitening your skin. Since I’m already as white as anyone can possibly be, I was a little worried. Luckily, my skin tone didn’t change and I don’t look like a bottle of white out. The most interesting pool was the fish pool. As you sit in the pool, little fish eat the dead skin off your body. It’s very similar to the fish pedicures offered in Washington D.C. I don’t recommend it if your ticklish. I wasn't allowed to take my camera into the pool area. The first photo is the view from the entrance.




I went to the Foster Home on Wednesday morning and said goodbye to everyone. I met so many great people... the Foster Home staff, the volunteers, and of course the kids. The flight home was long. I arrived home at 12:30 AM. Oh My Lanta, Georgia…. I have the worst jetlag. I’ve been up all night. At 5:00 AM I decided to go the gym for a run. Since I'm not a morning person, I was very proud of myself. I walked to the car and noticed my neighbor is blocking me in. I almost knocked on her door but I decided to be nice. I’ll give her until 7:00. :)


I just uploaded my photos to my computer and I have over 400. Here's a few of my favorites...



Thank you Carrie and Jacob for inviting me to the Foster Home and letting me stay in your home. Y’all are gracious hostesses and your always welcome here.




2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

The spa trip looks great! You are so blessed to have this rich experience! I will have to say the first picture caught my eye. and my breath.

welcome home!!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

What a blessing this trip was - to you and to others! As a momma to a child who once lived in a Chinese foster home, thank you so much for all of your work.