10.19.2008

Saturday Lauren (the Foster Home intern) and I went to the Pearl Market in Beijing. We took the subway, the bus, and we walked. Although, I do NOT like public transportation (I'm high maintenance and would like to be dropped off at the door) it was worth it. I still haven't counted how many strands of pearls I purchased but I think it's around 25.



Today we went to church in Beijing. After church we had Tex-Mex food. I live in the Tex-Mex capital of the world so I didn't have high hopes for our lunch. :) It was actually really good. After lunch we went to the Flower Market. The flowers were amazing and really cheap!










On our way home we stopped for a snack at Dairy Queen. Yes, they have DQ in China. I can't wait to go back to the Foster Home tomorrow morning. I really missed the kids this weekend. I'm leaving on Wednesday...Boo! Wow~ the trip has gone by too fast.



8 comments:

Janet said...

Wow! What a day! The pearl market looks like a shopper's dream. Mealtime must have made home feel really close.
Love, Mom

Old Friends and New Shoes said...

What a wonderful day! I am loving reading your adventures there. Those children are soo adorable. Enjoy your time there!!

Blogs by Danielle said...

I love the comment about being high maintenance and wanting to be dropped off at the door ;)

The pearl market looks amazing!

Can't wait till you get back! I want to hear all about the trip and catch up.

Danielle

Deb said...

Wow...25 strands of pearls! Shopping is so much fun in China! :)

Lori said...

The flowers are gorgeous! And all the pearls...a girl after my own heart. :)

Anonymous said...

The pearl market looks so neat!

K and/or K said...

Wow--everything is so beautiful! Love the pearls.

Jules said...

Great pictures of the flowers!!! I love the one of the two women in the pearl market.

I've really been enjoying reading about your trip!